Thursday 11 August 2011

Wedding Dress Color Inspiration Merry Pramono at Jakarta Fashion Week



What color is your ideal wedding dress? Is it white? Well, I have a friend who defines her perfect wedding gown as an all-red ensemble. Because she wants to “pop out” in every single one of her wedding photos, not to mention be the undeniable center of attention for the day. Hmm… I thought brides aresupposed to be the centre of attention on their wedding days whether they like it or not?
Funny friends aside, how do you like this all-red dress by Indonesian designer Merry Pramono seen at the recent Jakarta Fashion Week?
Red Muslimah Gown by Indonesian designer Merry Pramono at Jakarta Fashion Week 2009
I have to admit I’ve never thought of going top to toe in one loud color! I like this yellow-green + brown combination.
Yellow green wedding gown for a hijabi or modest bride by Merry Pramono
This one doesn’t really scream “Wedding!” but I do love the texture and layers of different colors and fabric of this dress.
Muslimah fashion womens wear by Merry Pramono at Jakarta Fashion Week Indonesia 2009

Time for a Wedding Inspirasi inspired runway remix! When I saw the red dress (first pic in this post), I  thought, “this would look lovely if it were to be in all white.” Well, I was wrong! The dress (below left) doesn’t seem to have the same drama as original fire-engine red one. I’ve also turned the green-yellow one into a white dress. It looks pretty but as it is, it may maybe more suited for a dinner function than to wear as your wedding dress. You’d probably need to up the glam factor with generous beading, crystals, sequins or embroidery for 




No comments:

Post a Comment